Monday, January 21, 2008

GOD WINS

The Sno-Ninja is strong and cunning, and above all patient. He knows that victory will be his by spring. ...
This is the door in front of our shop. It was completely socked in!
Now where was I....... I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.
I have a dream today! It was Martin Luther King day on Monday and ALL schools except Ashton were recognizing this amazing man and letting school out.

This is our drift boat. I think our ship has finally decided to sink. Well, I think God was a little upset with the prejudice that was shown in Fremont county because we down right pissed him off. Sunday it started to snow. Now I am not talking a little bit of dusting - this was serious and scary! Sunday night it started to blow. Now I am not talking a little wind - this was a friggin 50 mile/hr north wind. It blew and blew and blew all night and into the next day. I have never seen anything like it in all my young existence. It was like I was living through the movie "twister" but with white blizzardy snow.

This is our neighbors driveway. It is about 5 feet deep the whole way up. Monday comes around and guess what? Yup, Ashton has NO school. I think it is time to start celebrating this wonderful man's life in Fremont County. I hope they got the picture that God does not deal well with prejudice. Schools were closed for days, people were snowed in and couldn't get to where they were going until the sno-ninja released them from bondage. People were stranded with 10 foot drifts in front of their garages. The whole hill was one big blob of white snow. No roads were visible. Oh Max....where are you? Glad to say Max has been loving the warmth of our home. His kennel is needing a little sno-ninja touch. It took Brian all week to finally clear the snow so that people could go to work. It was TRULY AMAZING. The sno-ninja is famous around these parts. He is like a little super hero that everyone runs to when there is trouble. I am going to need help making his super hero costume. Any volunteers? This is the road in front of our home. It was like this the whole way around the neighborhood but worse. I wish you could have seen the views after the storm cleared. Sometimes pictures don't do the story justice. But I tell you what God won today and all I can say is "I have a dream"

6 comments:

The Clark said...

i'm pretty sure i always tell you this but you are HILL-AIR-EE-US!!!!

Suzer said...

Heather, you are too funny! Remember the good old days of sliding down your hill and making humongous jumps to fly off of and break our necks? I'm pretty sure I broke my tailbone doing that. And your Dad would take my Dad to work on his snomobile. Yep, those were the days.....

Suzer said...

PS. Oh yeah, and Shawn would always be there to pull our cars out of the fields. What a good guy!

Cindy said...

Wow! That is a crazy amount of snow! I really like how it looks after a plow has come through, or it's been shoveled. The clean lines of snow inches looks beautiful I think! Any new storms predicted????

Heather said...

Yah, new storm coming in this weekend. Hopefully not this bad. I LOVE a good storm.
HDW

cort said...

that is so rad! I would kill for that much snow.